There is SO MUCH to tell you, so lets talk!!!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Missing Mom already..

I left my mom at the airport today and when I got home, the house felt so empty. I've been living along in this place since I moved out (due to upcoming divorce, as some of you know.) But mom was here 9 days and it's amazing just how fast you become accustomed to someone's presence. It was nice to have her here when I got home from work and to go out with her on the weekends.

Have you ever had a sort of mixed blessing kind of relationship with your mom? My mom is really great; she's very caring and compassionate, takes care of you any chance she gets, etc... She also doesn't seem to think I'm capable of taking care of myself! hee hee Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this in an angry or bitter way. It's just funny how she'll call me from Miami (I'm in Tennessee) and say, "I just saw on the weather channel that it's going to be cold up there tomorrow. Make sure you dress the kids warmly." I feel like saying, "well, I'm glad you called because I was thinking of having them wear tank tops and shorts. OH, and sandals!"

rofl

Moms... It's like while she was here, she had to make my bed and wash my clothes. As if the washing instructions on my clothes said this:

Again, I'm not upset about it. It's really great to have someone love you and want to take care of you. It's just funny. I kept telling her that she was on vacation and didn't need to wash the dishes and cook every day, which she did anyways. I'm not sure she knows how to relax!

Love you, mom...

5 comments:

ckmunson said...

Such a sweet mom! My mom came and stayed with me last weekend after her big trip to the isalnds. Its nice to have mom or dad for that matter around. I find I get lots of extra work done when they are here. So glad you guys had a nice time.

Heather said...

That tag is tooooo funny! Glad you had a good time...and it's nice to see you posting again...I missed you too!
H

Unknown said...

Your mom sounds like MY mom! I wonder if they know each other? LOL! :) I love my mom...she's great, but I think that moms will be moms and we'll always be their little kids...even when we turn 60!

So thrilled to hear you had a great time. Now you'll probably suffer from withdrawal! I know I get that way after family comes to visit. I come from a BIG, LOUD, CRAZY family...and when everyone goes home after a week or so here, I get so sad and miss all the craziness...and the company.

Sweet and Salty said...

cj: She'll be back in June for my little man's birthday.
What's up with your blog? Did you have to password protect it again?

hmbt: It's nice to be back! It's also nice to be missed by very cool people so thanks...

Chrissy: I think you hit the nail on the head! I guess the person who changes your diaper can't see you as anything but a kid forever. Not a bad thing, really. (smile) You also have a Big and Loud family? Wow! Maybe we DO have the same mom...

G said...

Is there any other type of relationship with Moms? Of course, except the one I will have with my own children in which they will wait for my calls, appreciate my advice and visit often :)

Glad you did get to visit just the same.