There is SO MUCH to tell you, so lets talk!!!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Facing the Giants

No, this isn't another post about my little buddy's struggles with his size. It's about a movie with that same title. I went to Blockbuster yesterday and was looking at the back of the dvd when a guy standing next to me said. "You HAVE to rent that movie! In fact, I'm going to find out if I can buy it." And with that he walked away.
Here is what's on the back of the DVD:
"In his six years of coaching, Grant Taylor has never had a winning season. Even the hope of a new season is squelched when the best player on his Shiloh Eagles decides to transfer schools. After losing their first three games of the season, the coach discovers a group of fathers are plotting to have him fired. Combined with pressures at home, Coach Taylor has lost hope in his battle against fear and failure.
However, an unexpected challenge helps him find a purpose bigger than just victories. Daring to trust God to do the impossible, Coach Taylor and the Eagles discover how faith plays out on the field … and off."


Folks, I gotta tell you, and I'm not making it up. I laughed, I cried, I jumped up and down with joy. This movie was great entertainment and should be seen by all. Now let me say this: it's a movie about the Lord and the fact that with him, all things are possible. I'm not saying only believers will find this movie rewarding. I've seen high school and college football movies that were exciting because they usually involve a struggling coach or an under dog team coming back and winning a championship, so if you just watch the movie for the football, you'll be pleased, but the movie is about the Lord.
Now go out and rent it; you won't be disappointed. I'm going to Blockbuster right now to see if I could buy a copy.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

This sounds amazing!! I have a list of movies that I want to watch for when I take a ME day, and do nothing but what I want to do. This will be on the list. Have you ever watched "Remember the Titans"? OH, what a glorious movie!!

Thank you for the movie! HUGS!!