There is SO MUCH to tell you, so lets talk!!!

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Things NOT to do at a water park...

and TAG REDUX...

Last time I was at Dollywood's Splash Country, my children decided to "act out" something they saw on TV. At first, not knowing what it was, I was excited about the idea. "Cool" I thought. They're always acting out all kinds of things. After all, they've been in various Musicals such as "Children of Eden", "Beauty and the Beast" and Cats, and I'm used to them wanting me to watch them do things like that.

So here we were at the wave pool when my daughter and my little guy decide they would play "drowning boy and lifeguard."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now, do you see where this might be a problem at the water theme park? It wasn't very long before a lifeguard showed up, concerned about what he was seeing. I had to explain that it's not what he thought it was, they were just pretending. He actually laughed but then said I needed to stop them from doing that. I should have known better than to let them start doing this, but, seriously, I'm used to them acting out all sorts of parts.

Yes, I told them to stop and I told them why. They laughed like I told them the funniest joke in the world.
------------------
Susan from "Susan's Musings" tagged me to cough up eight random things about me. I'm glad she limited to eight because I'm pretty random...

1. I LOVE Pringles Cheese Ums. You have no idea how many I've eaten in my lifetime, but the number must be huge.

2. I am very easily entertained and hardly find myself bored. Maybe it's more of a "I can't stand still" kind of thing, but I need to keep myself busy doing/learning/playing something almost constantly. I read, play on the computer, play with my kids, work, study, you name it, all the time.

3. I HATE almost all vegetables. The only ones I'll eat are carrots, peas, and corn.

4. I love my kids so much and miss them the instant they leave my side.

5. I love my job as a computer technician and feel very lucky to do exactly what I enjoy doing for a living. I've worked at jobs doing other things (waiter, cashier, etc...) and it has taught me to be greatful and treasure my job now.

6. I like meeting new people and making friends.

7. I lived and went to college in Chicago during the Chicago Bulls/Michael Jordan victory years and it was a very exciting time in my life. I was a Music Major at the time and met lots of interesting people (like Dizzie Gillespie) and saw lots of great things and would like to go and visit again someday.

8. I'm terrible at responding to tags...

UPDATE: I'd like to take a moment to let you folks know about a favorite blogger of mine named Dorky Dad. Please take a moment to stop by his blog, if you can. He and his wife have suffered a difficult loss, as well as being in Minnesota and came close to being on that bridge that collapsed. He's a good man, a great father, and a very funny blogger. DD, I'm real sorry, man. I hope God blesses you with another child...

7 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Interesting tidbits.

Yes, I can see where there may be POOL problems...a life guard would Flip out.

Anonymous said...

well those kids sure are convincing...just look at those serious faces in the first picture! But alas by the second picture they are starting to crack up LOL.

#4 is spoken by a true parent. :)

Anonymous said...

OMG those are so funny. I can see why the lifeguard was so concerned.

Love your 8 things as well.

BarnGoddess said...

Chicago is an awesome city-I have loved every minute I have ever visited there!

yeah, I suppose that wasnt a good thing for your little ones to be acting out a drowning skit at a water park.....

Sweet and Salty said...

Hi everybody! Sorry about not responding very quickly this weekend. The kids being in Cats has really kept me very busy.

I'm with you guys; I should have stopped them from enacting such a scene in a public pool, but it was really funny!

Unknown said...

LOL! Your kids are SO cute!!! I think it was cute that they were reinacting what they saw on TV. I could also see how it may have caused some concern for the lifeguard though! LOL! Too funny :) I love those kiddies of yours!

Sweet and Salty said...

chrissy: They're insane, I tell you! But their so cute, I hate to stop them when they're "acting."