There is SO MUCH to tell you, so lets talk!!!

Saturday, May 5, 2007

So what do you think of Windows Vista?.

Who has been using it for a while? Do you like it?

I confess that I don't have it on any of my machines, but I do have to sit in front of Vista boxes pretty regularly since I get MANY calls from friends who need some help with it.

Overall, I like Vista. It's visually very appealing and it has many features that people will find useful, as soon as they can find them. That's my problem with it right now, and it's mostly an education problem. I don't know where everything is RIGHT AWAY and I'm used to XP where I know where almost everything is and I know of a number of ways how to get there. Now I'm looking around; where is the printer menu? Heck, where's the Device Manager?

I'll get used to it soon enough, I'm sure.

Here's a screen shot of a very interesting and priceless Vista error message:


So is this a good thing or a bad thing? Hmm.....

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I was wondering about Vista. I'm all XP and since I won't be buying a new computer any time soon, I think I'm safe.

robkroese said...

I've seen that "error," but actually it was on XP I think. Stupid.

I had to downgrade back to XP because some of my apps wouldn't run. Lots of fun.

G said...

See, now why are you going to blow my cover like that?

What I want to know is where you be Pavel?

Heather said...

Hey Pavel...you doing OK? Have not seen or heard from you in awhile and thought I would stop by and say Hi brother!
Let us know you are still kicking soon...
:)
Heather

Sweet and Salty said...

Sorry for being away for so long folks. I'll explain in the next post.