There is SO MUCH to tell you, so lets talk!!!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The price of Gas...


Holy Cow!!!
If it gets any higher, I'm buying one of those bikes that seats four. You know, the ones you find at Disney resort hotels and places like that where everyone pedals.
Seriously, though. I really would like to go to Washington DC with the kids, but I'm going to have to recalculate the price of gas into the vacation expenses and see what happens. Already I find myself staying in town instead of driving to Knoxville (about an hour away) because of the price of gas.
Have you changed your vacation plans, or even your daily driving because of gas prices?

6 comments:

Chris H said...

too bloody right! I bought myself a scooter to use around town, it was only costing me $8 a fortnight to fill... but as we are moving to Auckland where anyone riding a scooter would have to have a death wish, I have sold it (tears)... and am back driving my gas guzzler van... $85 a week for petrol! I try to stay home.

ckmunson said...

we do all our errands at the same time... who wants to spend more than we have to? It ends up saving us money in the long run - and we can use it for things like vacation! :)

BarnGoddess said...

crazy isnt it?

Our oil is up $110 a barrel...good for my family but BAD for y'all.

I feel guilty!

Mother Theresa said...

I don't drive, so I use the bus. And, as a family, we try not to use the car unless it's absolutely necessary, not because of gas prices but because we're worried about pollution.

Ann(ie) said...

I KNOW!! It's insane. I carpool to work. Thankfully!!

Sweet and Salty said...

chris h: That's awful!!! Still, scooters are a death wish on wheels so you're doing the right thing. Do they have public transportation over there?

cj: Very smart, cj. I'm trying to do the same.

bg: You should!!! Bad bg! Very bad!!! (smile)

theresa: That's sounds great! If we all did that, perhaps we wouldn't be in the dilema we're in now.

annie: That's good. I don't but I work three minutes away from my home. It's wonderful!